Tourism Customer Service Consultant
Virtual Indigenous Destination Centre
Join Australia’s leading Indigenous Online Tour Agency
Promoting Indigenous tourism to all corners of the globe – Work with Indigenous Tour Agency (ITA), Australia’s leading online seller of cultural tours, experiences and activities.
You will be responsible for the travel booking, information, outbound sale calls, & reservations services across Australia. This unique position is for the self starter. This role involves travel consultancy and booking travel products, therefore sales experience will be essential.
Join Australia’s leading Indigenous Online Tour Agency – Virtual Indigenous Destination Centre
We have a phone based customer service position available to start immediately with view to extend to a face to face Indigenous Destination Centre, cultural tourism sales role.
Responsible for customer service support, taking incoming phone calls and processing member orders as well as facilitating appropriate communication and liaising within all ITA departments. This role will also include occasional face to face sales meetings with either customers and/or reps. It is critical you interact in a warm, polite and highly articulate manner, operate with energy and organisation to work in a busy and dynamic team.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to external and internal customers
- Process and coordinate member orders promptly
- Process and coordinate credit claims and returns
- Data entry into Google Suite and channel manager software
- General and ad-hoc administration duties
- Ability to work a variety of shifts (weekday, evening and some weekend work)
- Prepared to sign a Confidentiality Agreement before commencement
- Hold an Australian Business Number
- Hold current Certificate of Currency – Public Liability Insurance
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Energetic, proactive, self-managed and organised
- Cultural awareness
- Training and development will be provided
- Future permanent opportunity for the right candidate
Expectations of successful applicants
- Travel sales experience preferred but not essential, however you must have the proven ability to turn an enquiry into a sale
- Confident use of technology
- Own lap top or Personal computer
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and mature aged applicants re-entering the workforce are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you feel your skills match the above criteria please attention your application to Managing Director, Samone Wear, E| email@example.com